Monday 25 December 2023

New leaf for a poinsettia

Here is this year's poinsettia, an undoubtedly festive looking plant. The remarkable thing is that it has lost not a single leaf nor red bract. It is as healthy as the day we bought it more than two week's ago. We located it on the landing so you get a good view of it when going upstairs. It seems to like it here rather than a prime spot in the living room. Normally each year we watch it slowly shed its leaves until it becomes a skeletal eyesore. If I believed in omens I'd count this as one. I hope everyone is having a joyous Christmas.




2 comments:

  1. How lovely! Wishing you and yours a blessed and joyful Christmas Philip - and a happy and healthy new year 😊❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dark green leaves on a poinsettia, so I saved one and was surprised when it produced some red just after last Christmas. So this year I kept it going and it developed some red in time for Christmas! Not as spectacular as yours, but it pleases me. The key is to keep it in a location where it will not get much light during the end of the year. I wouldn't have the patience to put it in a cupboard for 14 hours or so per day, so I just kept it where we only put the light on for a short time in the evening!
    I hope that the New Year will bring good health for you and your family, and especially for your eyes.

    ReplyDelete