Tuesday 2 November 2021

Everyone who knocks will have the door opened

Having mentioned here recently how I intend to  gradually increase the number of herbaceous perennials in my new flower border rather than rely almost entirely on annuals, out of the blue, I was contacted by friends Michael and Denise who live nearby and are very keen gardeners. They have a two acre garden which they have been developing for the last 18 or so years. They are replanting some of their borders and have plants to spare. Would I like some? 

I've collected some established clumps of several plants. These I have divided and saved the strongest looking plants. I am not ready to replant them in my border so I have lined them out in one of the vegetable beds as a temporary home. Here is what I have collected so far:-

Salvia 'Amistad'

Helenium

Helianthus

Iris sibirica

Aster novi-belgii

Rudbeckia hirta




No comments:

Post a Comment