Friday 26 April 2019

Stick in the mud

Back in November when visiting a friend’s smallholding, I helped myself to some hard wood cuttings from their as yet unpruned redcurrant bushes. When I got home I planted the bundle of fifteen sticks in a corner of a vegetable bed and put a label round them. They were left to their own devices until today when I dug them up. All fifteen had rooted. They were then potted up for growing on. Something for nothing but a little goodwill.


A bundle of 15 cuttings planted last November
and now with good root systems


Potted up. I'll plant some out in the autumns. The rest I'll
give away or swap.

4 comments:

  1. That's brilliant! Hope you get lots of redcurrants in due course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I look forward to the future with great optimism as far as redcurrants are concerned!

      Delete
  2. They look good healthy plants. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dave. I know you are keen on propagating too.

    ReplyDelete