Thursday 25 August 2022

Finally!

This morning I had the seemingly novel experience of tending to the livestock and opening up the poultry houses accompanied by thunder, some amazing lightening and, most welcome of all, some heavy rain. I know some parts of the UK have already experienced this, but around here, apart from an hour long light shower one day last week, this is the first significant rain we have had for several months. The forecast is that it should continue for much of the day. There is hardly any breeze so the rain is falling straight down. I can see big puddles forming where the rain is not soaking in but hopefully, if the rain keeps up, it eventually will.

The pigs are normally ready and waiting for me first thing but today they were slow to emerge from their arks. They were clearly not as impressed with the weather conditions as I was. I took the opportunity to top up their straw bedding as I suspect it will be an indoors day for them today.


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited that the water butts are filled again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its impressive how quickly they can fill up after a downpour.

      Delete